If you were absent, you can get your letter when you get back. Go ahead and start a letter and collect a gift now, and then add to your letter later.
NOTE: THE AMNESTY MEETING HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO NEXT TUESDAY DUE TO ABSENCES.
Then, study for your test. It's a test because it covers a longer period of class studies, but it won't be a long document. You can finish it in one class period. Here are the topics:
* TOPICS: ISLAM, GEOGRAPHY, 3MPIRES, OUTLINING
* STUDY MATERIALS: YOUR BINDER AND HANDOUTS, ATLAS, TEXTBOOKS
* SPECIFIC TOPICS:
1. Different monotheist religions (chart from beginning of class)
2. Basic religion vocabulary, like prophet, pilgrimage, polytheist, monotheist
3. Pillars of Islam, in English and Arabic
4. Basic beliefs – what is the basic idea of the “shahadah”?
5. Basic components of prayer – in a mosque, facing
6. Notes from INTRO TO ISLAM packet
Be able to tell the story of early Arabia, about Mohammed, and how Islam got its start, about
7. Sunni and Shi’iah split
8. Other places Islam spread to –
9. How Islam spread: trade, preaching, and conquest
11. Know outlining techniques (some of your answers will be in outline format)
THIS IS NOT A LONG TEST!